12 Strain Probiotic ▪ 5-year Fermentation
Promotes Healthy Intestinal Function
Give your body the foundational tools to maintain health! Each veggie cap is a biologically-active fermented paste containing 12 strains of probiotic bacteria.
No chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, additives, preservatives, colorings, or synthetic ingredients are ever used in our products.
Why Probiotics Rx?
Your Body Needs Bacteria: The Vital Role of Probiotics
Although the human body was created with the proper ratio of 85% beneficial
to 15% harmful
bacteria, today's modern lifestyle has dramatically
altered the natural balance.
Contributing to this imbalance is the overuse of antimicrobial herbal formulas, antibiotics and other prescription and OTC medicines; a poor diet of processed and commercially produced foods containing toxic residues from pesticides, herbicides, and hormones; excess sugar and refined carbohydrates; artificial additives, preservatives, and sweeteners;
consumption of chlorinated, fluoridated municipal water (whose very purpose is to
destroy bacteria); the use of oral contraceptives and steroids, and the escalating
presence of everyday stress.
Probiotic Warriors - Lactic Acid Bacteria
The symbiotic relationship between the human body and the microbiological world
is a delicate process. Of all known organic acids, lactic acid
is the best at controlling the intestinal bacteria population thus supporting
Astonishingly, lactic acid bacteria contribute to both the process of decomposition and that of reconstruction. They supply digestive enzymes that help break down food, while simultaneously micro-activating vital nutrients.
A special strain of selectively bred beneficial lactic acid bacteria known as
TH 10 has proven in clinical studies to be highly
effective in maintaining healthy bacteria levels in the intestines. The transient, combative TH 10 strain found exclusively
, is an important key to aid in the removal of toxins from the colon.
"Our health is the collective expression
of all the microbes living with us."
Probiotics - The Multi-Functional Daily Supplement
Ingesting a daily multi-vitamin supplement isn't enough, and doesn't recolonize the
necessary intestinal probiotic flora so vital to proper digestion and utilization of nutrients.
The proper ratio of beneficial bacterial organisms in the GI tract is the very foundation of whole body health.
Give your body the foundational tools to maintain health. Probiotics-Rx
The "Magic" of Fermentation
utilizes a 5-year fermentation process in a natural
temperature environment that includes an initial two years during which superior,
organic raw materials are introduced, followed by a two year "maturation" period,
followed by one more year to allow the final microbiological modifications.
During this 5-year period of alchemical transformation, the natural creation of
four health-promoting organic acids (lactic, formic, acetic and fumaric) are carefully
monitored. Daily inspections ensure the proper pH and nutrient levels, and guard against air-borne contamination.Probiotics-Rx
has not undergone the usual drying process into a powder form. Instead, we've maintained the integrity and nutritional potency of its original raw food state. Inside each veggie cap is a biologically active fermented paste closely resembling miso.Probiotics-Rx
patented fermentation process works with the natural microbial cycle of life, understanding
that every generation of bacteria interacts with successive generations of new bacteria
down to the most minute subatomic particle size. These multi-generational strains
accomplish cellular communication at the microbiological level.
Tell a friend about this site or product
Lactic Acid Bacteria Strains:
- Bifidobacterium breve ss. breve - can colonize the immature bowel very effectively and is associated with
less abdominal discomfort and better weight gain in very low birth weight infants, attributed in part to stabilization of their intestinal flora. Aids in the prevention of
ocassional diarrhea and in the production and promotion of natural antibodies.
- Bifidobacterium infantis ss. infantis - plays an important role in basic digestion, proper metabolism and overall well-being, working within the digestive system to restore intestinal balance and maintain normal digestive health. Clinically proven to help manage
digestive discomfort in a large scale, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Symptoms alleviated included
ocassional diarrhea, constipation, bloating, gas, urgency and abdominal discomfort.
- Bifidobacterium longum - one of most important inhabitants in the human body. This bacterium is very helpful because it maintains
the digestive tract, helps keep the bacterial population healthy, and
supports the immune system. Bifidobacterium longum have genes that can synthesize about 19 different amino acids from NH4 and other key biosynthetic precursors.
- Enterococcus faecalis TH 10 - This strain was developed
from the Malaysian food delicacy--tempeh. It is 6.25 times stronger than any other lactic acid bacteria. This strain is guaranteed to
make sure you have helpful bacteria living in the colon, as well as eliminate the toxins produced by
unhealthy bacteria. TH 10 organisms remain in the colon and work with your
immune system's ever-diligent T cells and B cells to keep the local
bacterial population in line.
- Lactobacillus brevis - species of lactic acid bacteria, all of which are Gram-positive, non spore forming organisms whose main metabolic pathway involves fermenting hexose sugars to produce lactic acid.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus - to help maintain the pH
level of the intestine, through the production of lactic acid, that allows
for the proliferation of sensitive yet beneficial microbes that are
important parts of the fecal flora, and in doing so can help in replacing
useful bacteria when colonies dwindle. Produces bacteriocins (proteins that
are active against other bacteria). When taken orally and in sufficient
dosages, it has been helpful as a supplement for lactose intolerant
individuals.. Because of the benefits in the human GI tract, L. acidophilus
is being researched for helping maintain vaginal health.
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus - found in naturally fermented products. Scientists believe that these bacilli modify the intestinal flora, thus limiting auto-intoxication. Proteolytic bacteria such as clostridia, which are part of the normal gut flora, produce toxic substances including phenols, indols and ammonia from the digestion of proteins. Lactobacillus bulgaricus inhibits the growth of proteolytic bacteria because of the low pH produced by the fermentation of lactose.
- Lactobacillus casei ss. casei - very important in regulating
the immune system of the gastrointestinal tract. L. casei will bind to the luminal surface of gastrointestinal cells and stimulate gut-associated lymphoid tissue.
This will support the innate immune response and give local and systemic immunity to the body. L. casei can compete for nutrients or adhesion site
with other bacteria.
They can also inhibit the growth of competitive bacteria by a pH reduction through the production of organic acids such as acetic, propionic, or lactic acid, or by producing hydrogen peroxide. Furthermore, L. casei can secrete bacteriocins, antimicrobial peptides of cationic, amphiphilic molecules.
- Lactobacillus fermentum - produces reuterin by fermenting glycerol. Reuterin is inhibits both Gram-positive and Gram-negative species of bacteria. Has the ability to produce the nutrients folate and vitamin B12.
- Lactobacillus helveticus ss. jagurti - L helveticus is responsible for contributing to the acidity of the vagina. The acidic conditions of the vagina help ward off certain microbes and keep a constant balance of normal vaginal flora.
- Lactobacillus plantarum - This species and related lactobacilli are unusual in that they can respire oxygen but have no respiratory chain or cytochromesâ€”the consumed oxygen ultimately ends up as hydrogen peroxide. The
peroxide probably acts as a weapon to exclude competing bacteria from the food source. In place of the protective enzyme superoxide dismutase present in almost all other oxygen-tolerant cells, this organism accumulates millimolar quantities of manganese. Manganese is also used by L. plantarum in a pseudo-catalase to lower reactive oxygen levels.
- Streptococcus thermophilus* - is an essential lactic acid bacterium used for fermentation. Cultured in a test-tube it appears to support the activity of disease-fighting cells. The bacteria also appear to reduce the amount of nitrite in the body.
*Streptcoccus thermophilus is the primary bacteria in yogurt and is labeled
S. thermophilus. There is no relation to the pathogenic Strep bacteria known as
lychium chinese, vitis coignetiae, myrica rubra, laminaria japonica, morus australis, rubus buergeri, akebia quinata, elaeagnus montana, hizika fusifome, aritemisia montana,
plantago asiatica, spring water. (Actual levels of vitamins, minerals and amino acids may vary slightly among batches due to natural variations of ingredients.)
No chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, additives, preservatives, colorings, or
synthetic ingredients are ever
used in our products.
The contents of each capsule of Probiotics-Rx are safe for use by adults, children, infants and pets. Refrigeration is not required to maintain the integrity of Probiotics-Rx.
Restoring healthy intestinal microbe balance - To restore balance, it may be necessary to saturate your system for a short time before reducing to a maintenance amount. Begin with 5 capsules 2 times per day for
3 days. Then, reduce to 3 capsules 2 times per day for 5 days. When flora is reestablished, cut back to 1-2 capsules per day. Best when taken on an empty stomach.
Maintenance - 2 capsules daily or as directed by your health professional. For best results, take 1 capsule with water twice a day on an empty stomach. If benefits are desired in the stomach ( e.g. heartburn or an unsettling meal) the capsules may be chewed. Temporary reactions such as minor bloating or a mild laxative or constipating effect are signs that the beneficial bacteria are remodeling, detoxifying and improving the gut environment. (If such transition effects last more than 14 days, consult your health professional).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.